Search Blog Search Kuwait Search Kuwait Phones

Eight Digits Converter for Kuwait New Numbering Plan

If you are living in Kuwait, you should already know that by 17th October, the Ministry of Communication will start rolling out the new phone numbering plan, adding an extra digit to all 6 and 7 digit numbers as follows:

1. MOC 7 Digits Numbers: Add 2
  2. MOC 6 Digits Numbers: Add 1
  3. Zain Numbers: Add 9
  4. Wataniya Numbers: Add 6

Zain is going to start their testing on 18th of this month for Zain-to-Zain calls, and reports say Wataniya have already started their testing. The testing period will wrap up 6 months as I know, during which both the old and new numbering plan will be working, to educate public on the new numbering plan, and start migrating gradually.

There is an awful lot of work and money being put by telecom companies, and all other corporates will need to be updating their customer contact information as well. But what about us the end users? Once the migration is completed, all our mobile contact information will be incorrect, and we will have to manually check each number, see for whom it belongs, and add the new digit accordingly.

Thus, I have quickly developed a tool for converting the old Kuwait numbers to the new ones. The software is available in two versions, Windows only (VB), and Java for all platforms. To avoid the hassle of developing the application for each phone differently as well, the program does not integrate with your phone at all. Rather, it expects your phone contact information in CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. The program will go through it, find Kuwaiti-patter numbers (e.g. 7 digits, 6 digits starting with 8, +965, +00965, 00965), and add the new digit accordingly.

Online Version: You can now try the online converter version without need of installing any additional software.

Choose a file to Convert to Eight Digits (CSV Only):

Which numbers do you want to convert?

MOC Numbers

Zain Numbers

Wataniya Numbers

Download (Offline Version):

For Java Version: Please make sure after installing JRE 1.6 that you set it as the first to use. For Mac, check the Java Application Runtime Settings. For Windows and Linux, check the path environment variables.

Instructions:

But First: Important Notes

The software in hand processes CSV files blindly, and does not use country field to distinguish Kuwaiti from non-Kuwaiti numbers. Instead, it will process the file, and whenever a pattern of Kuwaiti number is found, it will convert it accordingly as a Kuwaiti number. Kuwait patterns are numbers like: 7 digits, 6 digits starting with 8, +965, 00965, and +00965. 3 digits numbers are still the same and will not be altered. If you have numbers of such patter in your list that are non-Kuwaiti numbers, especially the 6 and 7 digits, make sure you handle them separately later on, or take them out of the CSV file and recreate them manually.

Also, if your contacts contains Arabic or non-English characters, please make sure you use UTF-8 format in your file. Unicode formats will not work.

1. Synchronize your phone with your favourite PC address book software. This could be Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, or Mozilla Thunderbird for example.
  2. Once done, export your contacts from your address book into a CSV (Comma Separated) file format, say contacts.csv. Make sure you remember the location of that file.
  3. From 8 Digits Converter, Click on Browse next to the Source File textbox field, and browse to your newly generated CSV contacts file, contacts.csv in our case, then click Open.
  4. By now, Destination File should be already filled with same path as original, contacts.csv file, with a trailing 8-digits file name, e.g. contacts-8-Digits.csv. You may change this location if you like, but we suggest you keep it as it is.
  5. By default, all Kuwaiti phone numbers will be convertered. If you require only specific numbers to be converted, e.g. Wataniya numbers only, uncheck the unwanted prefixes, for example, MOC and Zain.
  6. Click Convert. This process will take a while, depending on your file size.
  7. If successful, once done you will see a log in the designated area, and stats about the processed and generated file. A log file is also created for your future reference in the same directory with .log extension.
  8. Go back to your address book and delete all contacts.
  9. Import the new contacts-8-digits.csv file back to your address book. This should create the same old contacts with the new numbering plan.

Browse now and skim through your contacts. Make sure you all your contacts are there. If there is a problem, delete all contacts, and import the old file, contacts.csv, back to the address book to restore it to the original condition.

Terms Of Use:

8 Digits Converter is an offline FREE tool from Q8Ba7th.com that will help you update your phone contacts to the new 8 digits numbering plan coming to Kuwait October 2008. The applicaiton has two versions, Windows only, and Java to be platform independent, so you should be able to run it on your Windows, Mac, or Linux system of choice. The Java version however uses the latest Java version, so make sure you have JRE 1.6 or later installed on your system before you try to run it.

The software is provided as is, use it at your own risk. Always keep a backup of your old contact information in case you need to get back to it. Conversion is done based on the officially announced new numbering plan in the newspaper, aided by further checkings with mobile operators. Should there be any mistake in the conversion, we encourage you to inform us about it.

The software is being provided absolutely FREE. Feel free to use it and share it, as you like. It was meant to help people do the transistion. We encourage people however to download the software directly from our site, to ensure they get the latest release with all the updates. Please note that you are not allowed however to do any modification on the code, part of it, change or add anything to it, or claim ownership of this product. You should not also try to use it for commercial purposes
like selling, rebranding or service providing.

While this software is FREE, and we believe will be important for many people to migrate to the new numbering plan, we are open for business owners who would like to discuss sponsoring this program, having their brand shown on the web page and software it self. If you like to sponsor this software, do send us an email at the address provided below.

Also, please note this software is still in Beta, until we gather enough feedback and do enough testing. So if you find any bugs, or would like any further assistance, please do let us know by adding your comments here below, or sending us an email here.

Hope you find it useful. Happy Gergean from Q8Ba7th.com

Known Errors:

• Some people reported errors on Windows installer. We are checking that out right now.
  • Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Sorry guys. This’s been a mistake from my side. The JAR file was missing some core GUI classes and won’t run on all systems. (FIXED NOW)

UPDATES:

• 20-9-08: Fix for handling double quotes was applied
  • 19-9-08: Both Java and Windows version gets update for version 0.2.0, allowing you to limit conversion to certain operator only. Since mobile operators are starting testing between their customers only, Zain and Wataniya users will need first to convert only their operator numbers. This release will help you do so.
  • 18-8-08: Fix for Java version 0.1.1: Java version was not working on all platforms. Some missing classes were added.

Popularity: 100% [?]

Related Posts:

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

67 Comments »

1. S0lo said,

September 16, 2008 @ 7:05 pm

Q8eee software is as rare as sa-aw egs. Thanks bashar, Brilliant idea. keep it up man.

2. Q8Ba7th said,

September 16, 2008 @ 11:58 pm

Solo: Q8eee software as you call it is really rare. To be honest this was supposed to be done 6 months back. Lack of data got me delayed as much. I know someone however who offers FREE simulation tools as well ;)

I thought the software would already be developed looking at how close we are to the launch. But it seems we are mostly a reactive society. Thanks for the complement, and please do give any feedback if you have it. So that software is really ready when conversion happens.

3. Hohi said,

September 17, 2008 @ 6:52 am

I don’t wish to discourage you to built this nice piece of SW BUT have you checked the rules?!! My info from one of the mobile operators is that there will be a deal for numbering xfere between operator e.g my number is 9000000 this is by definition Zain number thus it will be according to new numbering plan 99000000 but the deal is you can move that number to lets say VIVA (3rd op in Kuwait) in this case the prefix will change although u have the same number…
    Have a look at it, ill try to get you something official.

4. Q8Ba7th said,

September 17, 2008 @ 7:16 am

Hohi: Thanks for that info. I did hear something about it. Yes it could be coming. But not right now is it?

5. Q8Ba7th said,

September 19, 2008 @ 1:56 am

blasha: OK. Please pay me 1000 KD :)

I wanted it for FREE to give back a little from what I am consuming from this world. Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth, wise man said :)

Also, if it’s commercial, those bugs in the software are not tolerated. It’s a duty. FREE software will hopefully bring more attention to Q8Ba7th, I enjoy providing FREE services and trying to monetize them.

I am also open for companies who want to sponsor this program if anyone is interested :)

The point I want to reach is: This software should be available to everyone. Even 0.5 KD price will make lots of people turn the other way.

6. blasha said,

September 18, 2008 @ 9:10 pm

none of em is workin for me!

7. Q8Ba7th said,

September 19, 2008 @ 1:26 am

blasha: Can you give me details about the errors for both so I can try to help?

8. blasha said,

September 19, 2008 @ 1:42 am

ummm, i saw the .jar and the .cab and i thought i can jus install them on my handset! sorry! my fault!!! i’ll try again on my mac and get back at ya

9. blasha said,

September 19, 2008 @ 1:43 am

u shouldn’t done this for free

10. blasha said,

September 19, 2008 @ 9:59 am

like the way yer thinking, and sowwie for jumping into conclusions :P

11. blasha said,

September 19, 2008 @ 10:08 am

check this ^_^

12. blasha said,

September 19, 2008 @ 10:10 am

check this

13. Q8Ba7th said,

September 19, 2008 @ 3:59 pm

blasha: Sorry, you got held up as spammer by mistake from my Spam Guard :)

Thanks for your link and nice comments. I would assume then it worked fine.

14. uturn said,

September 20, 2008 @ 4:06 am

I can foresee the mobile shops with (convert your contacts to new numbering system for only 3 KD) signs & similar Alwaseet ads. But they will be using your software.

15. Q8Ba7th said,

September 20, 2008 @ 9:43 am

uturn: Really? Well, thats why I have my site brand on it :)

Try to help people convert here or anywhere else for FREE to stop this I would say

16. Me said,

September 20, 2008 @ 3:58 pm

im too lazy to read all this :\

17. Q8Ba7th said,

September 20, 2008 @ 5:37 pm

Me: You have a point. OK, long story short:
    1- Get your contact info in CSV format
    2- Download and run your preferred software.
    3- Source File: select your contact info
    4- Click Convert
    5- Take new file to your outlook, and export over your old contacts

Thats simplified version of it :)

18. Z said,

September 20, 2008 @ 7:24 pm

Thanks for this useful piece of software, I just converted my numbers successfully.

19. Converting your phone numbers from 7 to 8 digits said,

September 20, 2008 @ 7:49 pm

[...] For Windows users the blogger Q8ba7th has created an application that will take all your numbers and convert them with the new digits. You can download his application from his blog [Here] [...]

20. Me said,

September 20, 2008 @ 10:23 pm

thank you, bs i think ill do it the “wa6aniya” way even though it didn’t work the first time. im a picture-direction-step-by-step kind of person:P
    Thank you so much though.

21. Q8Ba7th said,

September 20, 2008 @ 10:28 pm

Me: I fully respect your opinion. If it woks, Wataniya solution is more straight forward. My bro had it working without issues, and you are second person I heard who faced problems with it. Note though they may charge you for bandwidth, and the service is not FREE after 3 months.

Good luck :)

22. Q8Ba7th said,

September 20, 2008 @ 10:42 pm

Z: Thanks. This makes me feel more relieved to know it worked :)

23. ! said,

September 21, 2008 @ 6:33 pm

I HATE THIS NEW SYSTEM!! IT SUCKS !! WE WANT OUR OLD 7 DIGIT NUMBERS BACK !!

24. Amanco said,

September 21, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

Thank you Q8Ba7th for the software, it didn’t work for me after exporting to CSV, as i have more than 200 records and it only converted 14 records, maybe because i have more than one mobile field? please advise, thanks again!

25. A E R O said,

September 21, 2008 @ 11:37 pm

Guys, if you’re Wataniya, send SMS with ‘backup’ to 1618 and download Wbackup for free until end of October! Backup ur numbers, and when u restore them back on your phone, they will be automatically converted to the 8 digits plan. It works fine for me, in seconds only!

26. Me said,

September 22, 2008 @ 12:27 am

Q8Ba7th, you said your brother did the wataniya thing. Eshloun?
    Ima try it one more time, etha ma9ar i’ll change the 100+ numbers that i have manually:\.

27. joud said,

September 22, 2008 @ 1:48 am

when i run the setup file it tells me to insert disc cos it cant find the CAB file, which is right there !

28. A E R O said,

September 22, 2008 @ 12:30 pm

Hey, for those who wanna download the Wataniya app, make sure you change your access point to WAP beforehand.

29. Q8Ba7th said,

September 22, 2008 @ 11:05 pm

!: Sadly, it’s unavoidable as First, we are running out of numbers. And second, most importantly, a new telecom is coming into market. They can’t let it run without any luck. For fair competition, especially in a market like Kuwait, they must have some diamond and gold prefixes right?

Amanco: Sorry for late reply. been busy recently. The program is designed to process as many numbers as you have, regardless of what field it’s called and how many you have. Which software version did you try? If it’s offline version, perhaps the log file would help. I did conversion for over 300 numbers. Please give me some details and I will surely try to help

A E RO: Indeed. I heard so from several people. Others however didn’t have the same luck. Also, an unethical point Wataniya is doing by not making public aware they are charged for WAP session, and that the program will start charing them after 3 months.

Me: Well, he just did what’s in the message. Send backup to ‘1618′, do sync, when you pull them back it should work fine! I did hear some people facing problems though.

joud: Yeah :( . Sorry, Windows Installer is pretty stupid. I tried to fix this problem with no luck. It happens randomly to some people. Main problem is, I am using old development version on Windows, new one costs thousands of dollars. If you can, and have good connection, try the Java one. It’s the best. It needs JRE 1.6 though. Or see the online version.

30. Q8Ba7th said,

September 22, 2008 @ 11:29 pm

Amanco & joud: Can you please try the online version. I just made a major bug fix for it. It’s much faster for you. No installation hassles.

31. Ahmed Bohaimed said,

September 23, 2008 @ 2:26 pm

i hate my self thanks

32. Q8Ba7th said,

September 23, 2008 @ 6:49 pm

Ahmed Bohaimed: Welcome :)

33. Mohammad said,

September 25, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

This is an awesome piece of software! Thanks a million!

Could you please elaborate on how it can be made to work with Arabic contacts? I had it working fine with English ones but failed to export to .CSV using UTF-8 character set as you mentioned. I tried “Save AS > Edit Filter > Save as UTF-8 and choose character set” using Open Office but it still didn’t work.

I would appreciate your help on this :) , and again thanks for a useful application!

34. Q8Ba7th said,

September 26, 2008 @ 9:37 am

Mohammad: Hi. Pleasure to help. First of all, make sure the file you exported from the address book program is in UTF-8, and has proper Arabic characters in it. I noticed some times, the outlook exports the names as question marks ???. If that’s the case, then the converter won’t be able to help fix the name.

I’m really not sure why the address book would do that. Can you just check the exported file first.

35. Mohammad said,

September 26, 2008 @ 12:29 pm

That’s the problem though; there doesn’t seem to be an obvious way in MS Outlook to export to CSV while setting UTF-8 as the character set. Thus after exporting, the Arabic letters on the CSV file become question marks.

So how do I make sure that the file I export from the address book program is in UTF-8? I’m using Nokia PC Suite if that’s any help. Didn’t find a way on the suite to export directly to CSV as well.

36. Samer said,

September 26, 2008 @ 5:39 pm

Hello, i tried the software; it worked good but i faced a problem because i have numbers stored startung +96… and when converting them to csv file, they are converted wrong and dont show the correct number…

please can you assist on this issue
    thanks
    samer

37. Q8Ba7th said,

September 30, 2008 @ 10:48 am

Mohammad: First, sorry I am late in reply. As for the file type, I noticed that few days ago with my Father contacts. And as weird as it gets, I am still unable to find any way to export it as CSV!!! Some people had it working with Arabic names somehow. Perhaps, I say perhaps, it’s the whole office setup, and needs to be arabic. Tying it my self, changing Office Language settings did not affect even the Office interface however :( .

I will post you a note if I reach anything

Samer: Sorry to hear that, and sorry for late reply. The program should be handling +965 accordingly, I tried it before so many times. Could you be more specific please so I can help you? Is it +965 Give me a masked version of the number.

38. xTrEmE said,

October 3, 2008 @ 1:43 am

Hey man .. Nice piece of software but am having some problems with it .
    Am gettin this error ” Run-time error ‘5′: Invalid procedure call or argument” after i click on convert.
    Am using windows vista if this makes any difference.
    By the way i exported my contacts”.CSV” using Nokia Communication Center which comes with Nokia PC Suite.

Thanks

39. Mohammad said,

October 3, 2008 @ 4:19 pm

Q8Ba7th:

Thanks for the reply. I’m also facing the same problem with my father’s contacts as well. Whenever I export them to CSV the arabic names turn to question marks. I tried many different things, including exporting to excel or even opening/saving-as with Open office which allows you to change the character set, but it didn’t work. I may try to find another work around and will let you know if I find something.

XTremE:

Can you please elaborate on how you exported to CSV using the Nokia Communication Center as you mentioned? I searched for the communication center and the Nokia site said that it has graduated and been integrated into the latest Nokia PC Suite which I have, but didn’t find any option to export contacts to CSV. I would appreciate your help since this may solve the Arabic names issue.

As for your problem, you may want to try the Java based application that Q8Ba7th posted above, it may work better for you (I know it did for me but I use Windows XP, others who used Vista told me the windows one worked for them).

40. Mohammad said,

October 3, 2008 @ 4:29 pm

XTremeE:

Or did you mean exporting to CSV using Microsoft Outlook (or Lotus etc) after synchronizing?

41. xTrEmE said,

October 4, 2008 @ 12:14 am

Mohammed:
    Here’s how to export using Nokia Communication Center :
    1.Connect Your Phone
    2.Go to the Nokia Communication Center that’s integrated in the Nokia PC Suite as you said.
    3.Click On Edit , Then Select All.
    4.Then Click On File , Then Export.
    5.You Have The Choice To Save It As (.CSV) or (.txt)

42. xTrEmE said,

October 4, 2008 @ 12:19 am

Now I have a stupid question .. How do i get the Java based application to work ? =)

43. Mohammad said,

October 4, 2008 @ 12:50 am

XTrEmE,

Thanks for the reply. I will try your method tomorrow morning. But to be honest there’s no Communication Center on my PC Suite, but it seems to be the same as choosing Contacts from your description.

And your question isn’t stupid :) . Basically you need to install the Java platform if you don’t have it in your system (Q8Ba7th provided the link above. Check under “Download offline version”, the first selection is for the Java based application of his program, and right next to it there’s another link for the Java platform needed to run his program. The link to that is found on the word “Required JRE 1.6″ in orange).

After you install the Java program, download his .Jar converter program (first link as mentioned), then simply right click the file you downloaded and choose Open With > JRE (the one you installed) and that’s it :) .

I hope this helps :) . And again thanks for your reply. I will post here if this actually solves the problem with the arabic contacts not being displayed properly.

44. xTrEmE said,

October 4, 2008 @ 1:14 am

Mohammed :
    I already had the Java program .. but i still cant get it to work :(

45. Mohammad said,

October 4, 2008 @ 8:37 am

xTrEmE,

What’s the error you’re getting? Remember you don’t need to extract the .jar file, simply right click and open it.

46. Mohammad said,

October 4, 2008 @ 11:13 am

Ok after a bit of messing around, I’m almost there in terms of converting Arabic names, but the final step isn’t working yet.

xTrEmE,

I tried your method of exporting to .csv with Nokia PC suite and it worked but it could be the reason you’re getting an error! Because the .csv file that comes out of that cannot be treated with Q8Ba7th’s utility for some reason. I think it comes out with a different character set (Unicode but not UTF-8).

If your contacts are all in English, your problem should have an easy fix. Instead of exporting directly from the Nokia PC suite to csv, simply sync with Outlook, and when you see your contacts are there in outlook, export them from there to csv. The .csv file you get from there should work with the converter utility. From then you can simply import the new csv-8 digits file again to outlook and then again back to your phone by synchronizing.

Now if your contacts are in Arabic, there’s a bit more work to be done, which is what I am messing with right now. I exported using Nokia PC suite like you said, then opened the resulting .csv file using Open Office, saved it as CSV with UTF-8 character set, converted using the utility, opened the new csv file and saw that arabic names are jumbled (not ??, but weird characters), copied the numbers from the new file, pasted them again on the old csv file that came out of the nokia pc suite.

The silly thing is now I don’t know how to import the new csv file back into the phone! It’s the same format but whenever I do import and select the file, the contacts don’t show up for some reason, and the phone picks up old contacts from somewhere else.

So we’re almost there but I don’t know how to solve the last silly part. I will try again with it later but if anybody knows please help :) .

47. Q8Ba7th said,

October 4, 2008 @ 5:31 pm

Sorry for all… This Eid social commitments are time killers I was not able to get back to you. And thanks very much xTrEmE and Mohammad for trying to help each other out while I was away! I am ashame of my self :(

xTrEmE: The Windows version is really my least favorite, since the licensed installer I have is pretty old, and a new one will cost a lot. So it is so uncompatible. I suggest either the Online Version, or if you are concerned about uploading your contact files, by all means, go to the Java version if you can. Should work on all platforms. You seem to have already done that as I read your knowledge sharing with Mohammad :)

Mohammad: Your points are absolutely correct. My program will process UTF-8 and not unicode files. Sorry, but this is the way I was able to process Arabic characters only. As for importing back, does the Nokia Suite give errors when you attempt to import? Or simply ignores your importing. Could it be because it’s expecting Unicode for import and not UTF-8? Need to convert it back again?

Another possible way, which is what I did, is to import the converted CSV file not through Nokia Suite, but an Address book. This might get messy I know, sorry.

If you want to send me a portion of the file, you can mask numbers, change names, just so that I have an idea and try to help.

48. xTrEmE said,

October 4, 2008 @ 6:47 pm

Mohammad and Q8Ba7th:
    I think i found something which could solve this arabic issue but i haven’t tried it out cause none of my contacts are in arabic.You have to have Microsoft Outlook 2003 as this option is not available in older versions.

1.Open Microsoft Outlook 2003
    2.Go to Tools -> Options -> Preferences
    3.Click on Contact Options which is under Contacts
    4.Check “Show an additional Contacts Index” and then choose Arabic as the “Additional Contacts Index”
    5.Try exporting your contacts now and inform me with the results

Hope it works.
    Cheers :)

49. xTrEmE said,

October 4, 2008 @ 8:20 pm

Mohammad:
    I still can’t get the Java Based Application to work . I open it and it automatically open with WinRaR. I tried open with and then went to program files then the Java folder but there where alot of files.
    So what can i do now? :(

50. Mohammad said,

October 4, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

Q8Ba7th,

You need not be ashamed of anything my friend, you did your part creating this awesome utility, now it’s up to us to figure out how to use it according to our needs :) .

I understand the UTF-8 requirement, I just couldnt figure out a way to set it as the character set while exporting to .csv. So what i did as i mentioned above is to export using the Nokia Suite into unicode CSV, open it with Open Office, save it as UTF-8, & then convert the numbers with your utility.

However the names still came out jumbled, so i copied the numbers (which were converted fine) back into the original Unicode csv. This should mean that i can simply import the file back to the phone without it even knowing what hit it, but when i import back i dont get all the new contacts back. Pt no pot errors or anything, it just doesn’t take them back. After that i didnt mess with it more but will try later & report. But the problem for me seems to be with the Nokia suite to import. I may try the address book solution you mentioned & see how it goes, though i never did it so will need to read on that :) .

3eedkom Mbarak :) .

51. Q8Ba7th said,

October 4, 2008 @ 11:11 pm

xTrEmE: Nice try, but no :) . This option is for the character index at the right side of the screen. Tried it, didn’t work.

For running the JAR file, right-click the JAR file and select Open With. Browse to Program Files/Java/.. and select latest Java version folder, and the go to bin, select java file. In my case, it’s something like this:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\java.exe

Ideal case is, Installing latest Java version should make all JAR files open with Java Program, but it didn’t seem to work with you this way.

Mohammad: Thanks for cheering me up, still no excuse. A good software is one that “Desn’t Make You Think” :) . The purpose is to make conversion easy, so if it’s not, I should try to help, and learn from your experience as well :)

Usually, working with outlook is so fluent and easy, except for the UTF-8 on my part :( . Give it a short, while still holding a backup file of all your contacts just in case. Let me know if you make any progress.

Eidkom mbarak as well :)

52. xTrEmE said,

October 4, 2008 @ 11:22 pm

q8ba7th:
    Tried what you said .. Unfortunately didn’t work :(
    It justs open a dos windows and closes after 1 sec.

Am going crazy :S

53. Q8Ba7th said,

October 6, 2008 @ 5:21 pm

xTrEmE: So unfortunate. The dos window must be giving some message before closing. Can you do this:
    Start -> Run
    Type cmd & hit Enter
    Now, do
    cd “
    from there, write JAR File Name, e.g.
    Eight_Digits_Converter.jar & hit Enter

See what happens and let me know.

54. xTrEmE said,

October 6, 2008 @ 11:07 pm

Ok i got it working after i renamed the the file to Eight_Digits_Converter.jar cause for some reason the file was downloaded as Eight_Digits_Converter.zip so whenever i opened it it would open WinRar .. So sorry for bothering you with my stupid mistake :)

55. Q8Ba7th said,

October 8, 2008 @ 4:31 pm

xTrEmE: :) No trouble at all. Happens to the best believe me.

56. Mohammad said,

October 9, 2008 @ 4:04 pm

Good to hear it’s worked for you xTrEmE.

As for me, I give up on trying to make it work with Arabic contacts :( . No matter what the workaround I tried, whenever I make any change to the original CSV file, I can’t import it back because the size/format change and the PC suite refuses to take it back.

57. Q8Ba7th said,

October 10, 2008 @ 10:57 am

Mohammad: Sad. I haven’t tried it, but you may want to give this program I found on a forum a shot. They say it installs on your phone and update contacts, so Arabic names should not be a problem. I would lookout for all +965, +00965, 00965 patterns and make sure they are all converted properly. Also, some programs ignore more than one number per contact, and convert only the first. Look for that as well.

Ohh, and make sure you have a backup ;)

If you try it, let me know if it works

58. Mohammad said,

October 10, 2008 @ 12:21 pm

Q8Ba7th,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it didn’t work, since once I tried to install the file on the phone it just says application error :( .

59. Q8Ba7th said,

October 11, 2008 @ 3:10 am

Mohammad: :(

Man you are so unlucky I am sorry to say. I will keep looking and let you know if I get to something

60. Q8Ba7th said,

October 11, 2008 @ 3:10 am

Mohammad: By the way, just to make sure, you are using Nokia right?

61. Mohammad said,

October 12, 2008 @ 12:38 pm

Yes I’m using a Nokia.

62. Ipad Data Plan | computer laptop reviews, desktop computers, notebook reviews said,

July 31, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

[...] choice. The best thing about the data plan for the iPad is the ability to turn it … Read Article Telephone Numbering plan – Wikipedia, The Free EncyclopediaThe numbering plan indicator (NPI) is a …form:capitalize;">Telephone Numbering plan – Wikipedia, The Free EncyclopediaThe numbering plan [...]

63. Eliminate Scars Effectively said,

September 8, 2012 @ 9:33 pm

Eliminate Scars Effectively…

Eight Digits Converter for Kuwait New Numbering Plan…

64. Faire Un Devis Travaux said,

April 29, 2013 @ 1:25 am

Faire Un Devis Travaux…

Eight Digits Converter for Kuwait New Numbering Plan…

65. adwokat łódź said,

May 17, 2013 @ 7:33 pm

adwokat łódź…

Eight Digits Converter for Kuwait New Numbering Plan…

66. grzejniki łazienkowe said,

May 29, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

grzejniki łazienkowe…

Eight Digits Converter for Kuwait New Numbering Plan…

67. lotnisko pyrzowice said,

May 29, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

lotnisko pyrzowice…

Eight Digits Converter for Kuwait New Numbering Plan…

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI